Friday, July 8, 2011

Polka Dot Fun

Lately every time I've been at the fabric store I've been drawn to bright, cheerful colors and prints.  It must be because it's been sunny and hot here.  And I've been having a lot of fun playing with that color when I sew.  For example, on this bag I played on the colors in the polka dots with both my contrasting fabric and my zippers and thread. 


The pocket is reddish-orange reclaimed linen (it was a tablecloth!) and the zipper is white.  Elsewhere on the bag I used yellow thread that pops against the red.  On the inside I did something different - there are two places to store needles.  One is for longer needles - I created a place along the bag's side like this;

For four needles, and I also sewed places to slide five DPN needles next to the elasticized pouch.

I dropped the spaces lower than the pouch's height so that the needles wouldn't get lost *g*  Since there's a place on the other side of the pouch for a circular needle this bag is perfect for those projects like hats where you switch between circular and DPN's.   Because this bag has two zippered pouches, plus some of the interior features took more time, it's slightly more than the pink/brown bag.  But I just love it - it's so cheerful that seeing it hanging in my sewing room makes me smile every time!

- D
 ps - if you're interested, this bag is up for sale at www.denastolldesigns.etsy.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment