Sunday, February 8, 2015

Someone might need to stage a cowl intervention...

My only excuse is that I didn't knit this for myself. Every year I try to knit something for my awesome agent. This year she requested a cowl in neutral colors. I chose this yarn because it had been in my stash forever and because I thought the flecks of color in it would make the cowl versatile.
She could wear it with a lot of clothes and not clash. For a tweed yarn, it kept its twist nicely and was super soft. According to the pattern's requirements I had just enough yarn, but I ended up running out on the bind off row and had to rip out two rows in order to get enough yarn to bind off.

 The pattern was the Fiddlesticks Cowl from Interweave Knits Fall 2014. It had an i-cord cast-on, which was nice and easy. Now that I've learned it, I wish that the pattern designer for the Ryann Tunic had selected this cast on instead so you didn't have to pick up stitches along the hem. The first few rows before the diagonals emerged were a bit hard to knit, and I confess I lost track of where I was more than a few times and had to rip out. Other than that, it was a quick knit. Thanks to the knit through the back stitches and the yarn it ended up very dense and warm. My agent claims to love it, so I think it was a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment